|The National Gallery of Canada|
A great group of sketchers showed up for a wonderful evening at the National Gallery of Canada. There were some familiar faces and some new faces as well. We love that!
New sketchers are always welcome!
|Part of the Ottawa urban sketcher group posing under the Christmas tree|
There were many fun challenges on this sketchcrawl:
- There was a museum rule of "pencils only" and "no erasers"!
- The time frame was short (5 to 8 pm) and there were so many galleries to choose from!
- The exhibit: Monet: Bridge to Modernity" drew large crowds.
- The busy holiday season meant that many of the Ottawa urban sketchers that wished to attend had to send their regrets instead.
At the end of the evening, everyone shared their sketches and it was clear that everyone enjoyed themselves overcoming the challenges and creating some great sketches
|Our sketches from the show and tell.|
If you are interested in sketching with this group, follow ("like") our facebook page where we announce events. We always contact the organization or institution in advance to announce our intentions to sketch in a group and ask that they let us know of any guidelines for artists sketching at their venue.
Our "sketch crawls" are free and open to sketchers of all ages and levels. Anyone who sketches in Ottawa is welcomed to join us!
Ideas for 2016
Other indoor venues for this winter that we are looking at include:
- The Nature Museum (they recently responded to our email request)
- Three free indoor green spaces: Tropical Greenhouse (Arboretum); Carleton Greenhouses; and Rideau Hall Greenhouses (we will be contacting them regarding accommodations for a sketching group)
Outdoor venues being considered for future sketch crawls include:
|Free things to do and sketch in Ottawa|
If you have an idea for a great indoor (or outdoor)
place to sketch this winter in Ottawa,
please let us know in the comment section below!